Seattle At Night

Seattle At Night

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A bit of what I do in Seattle!

Well I've been with my new job for a week now, and it is such a different environment from my last place.  Oh and its totally freakin' awesome because Pearl Jam donates money to us and Nordstrom is a business partner!  I'm sure there are more amazing connections but those are the ones I've learned thus far.  I thought I'd share this link about Nordstrom's partnership with us:  http://www.forterra.org/press_releases/nordstrom_c3program
As mentioned before it is a larger organization, which brings a lot of differences that I'm still learning and comprehending.  Right off the bat our service area is several counties, in fact we are a regional conservancy.  The projects we are working on are typically at a much larger scale, usually at least 100 acres but we have a 20 acre project and a couple thousand acre projects.
It is so rewarding knowing that while I haven't yet dove into these projects yet, I am and will continue to contribute to saving the amazing Cascades and the stunning Olympic regions. Having such rewarding work is what helps get me though the long days or the frustrating days.  Because of this, I think it would be hard for me to work for a corporation.

Another major aspect of my life that has changed out here is that I take the bus to and from work every day.  Sometimes I think of how silly it is that I'm taking a bus ride that without traffic would take like 10 minutes and ends up taking 30 minutes plus sometimes.  But I haven't gotten to the point yet that I want to get up an hour earlier to walk 2 miles.  Hopefully I'll get tot he point where I'm walking at least one way or half way there, but that requires toting around extra shoes too.

Until next time!
<3 Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment