Seattle At Night

Seattle At Night

Monday, July 11, 2011

Slacking

Sorry I've been slacking everyone!  So busy, trying to just enjoy life for what it is and not take it too seriously.  Also working very hard to turn my job into a permanent position.
The day with the DEQ lady was great!  I love spending days with Peg, my mentor.  She is soo knowledgeable and personable.  I finally got to see most of the properties we are working on to get as easements as well.  It really helps to talk about a property once you have seen it.
This week is rather quiet, the president and my mentor are out of town so I'm working on one management plan for a preserve and some baseline documents for a possible easement that we want to finish before summer is over.
I went home last weekend to go on a fabulous date!  It was epic, starting at 4 pm with a movie, then a lovely dinner then a nice night at the Bells beer gardens, which by the way, is totally my new hang out spot.  They remodeled it and it looks great and they sell beer there that is not available in stores or other bars. I'm turning into quite the local brewery brat.  Anyways, I had a nice time with this individual and I can't wait for a second one!
Also spent some nice quality time with my dad and the ghetto pool.  I don't know when I'll be in Kalamazoo next, probably August or September, so I'm glad I enjoyed my time there.
Still enjoying the benefits of country life.  Had fresh cherries last week and tonight I made fresh sweet corn. Those cherries were amazing, I'll have to go pick up some more.  I absolutely love all this fresh food and peaceful hors d'oeuvres on my back porch over looking the ravine with deer usually grazing through.  I'm definitely getting used to my own life out here in this quaint corner of Michigan!
Cuidate!
Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment