Seattle At Night

Seattle At Night

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Its the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

And yes for me that means Fall.  Today is the first official day, and also my exact two month anniversary of living in Seattle! It has gone fast but at the same time I feel like I've been living here and working at Forterra longer than that.

I'm still learning the differences in a Michigan Autumn and a Seattle one.  I can guess a few... like less crisp but sunny days to go to the pumpkin patch or apple orchard and more chilly and damp days to stay in and cuddle up with a book or a baking recipe.  Yesterday I kicked off fall with my favorite, pumpkin cookies!  Coupling that with Michigan Football (if only we had played halfway decent....) Kyle's Chili and hard ciders of various varieties and it was a perfect fall day!  And this is only the beginning of warm sweaters and apple cider.  What is your favorite part of Autumn?

This will also probably begin my realization that having 2 raincoats won't cut it, and I will have to purchase a couple more so as to stay dry for the next 9 months.

Let's hope Michigan can get their game together on their bye week, its been painful to watch the last couple games.

Last weekend I went up to Ballard to hit up the record store.  I was pretty impressed with Sonic Boom seen as I went out searching for newer albums, they had all the ones I was looking for, basically Disclosure, Queens of the Stone Age and Fleet Foxes.  When looking for older records I would say Jive Time in Fremont might be more helpful.  Then I went out for Pho.

 It really was my first meal that I went out and sat in a restaurant alone to eat.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be, but of course better with company.  I can see why some people plan ahead and bring a magazine or book.

Anyway I much like Ballard and think that in 8 months when I'm considering my living situation again, I will add Ballard to the top of my list if it is feasible.   It might have to wait a couple more years though...

So things are still good here with a lot on my to do list and that list is only growing.

Happy Fall!  Get into the season and be festive! There is so much to love!

<3 Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment